Intellectual Property Committee
The Intellectual Property Committee serves as an advisory committee to the Vice President for Research on all University intellectual property (i.e., patent, copyright, trademark, and proprietary information) especially with regard to University policy on these matters. All members of the Committee shall hold confidential all matters coming before the Committee regarding specific intellectual property.
- The composition and tenure of the Intellectual Property Committee shall be:
- Six faculty with three-year terms, one of who will be appointed chair. The Faculty Senate may suggest faculty members to be considered by the President.
- Two Deans or Associate Deans of the colleges for three-year terms.
- One member of the administrative and professional personnel or staff, with a three- year term.
- Director of Office of Commercialization (OC) who serves as secretary to the Committee. Director of the Office of Research Support and Operations. Both Directors act as ex officio members to the committee.
- Vice President for Research who serves as an ex officio member of the committee.
- The quorum required for voting at a committee meeting must be no fewer than five voting members; three of whom must be faculty.
The IP Committee meets on a monthly basis and is available during this meeting to answer any questions that faculty or staff may have. If you would like to attend an upcoming meeting please email our meeting coordinator.