DISCLOSE AN INVENTION
Submit a digital disclosure through the Inventor Portal
Our newly developed Inventor Portal is your one stop shop to securely disclose, and communicate with the Office of Commercialization (OC) about your invention.
Why use the Inventor Portal?
The Inventor Portal is accessible to any WSU employee. Your access will never expire and you can always login and continue where you left off. When you submit your disclosure to the OC via the Inventor Portal you will have access to:
- Create a disclosure, save it for later, and submit your idea to our office all within the safety of the secure Portal.
- Attach documents to your disclosure. Have an illustration you want to show us? Add it to your disclosure in the Inventor Portal and we will get it.
- Route your disclosure for digital signatures. Need Departmental authority to submit your disclosure? No problem-the Inventor Portal can automatically route your disclosure to the appropriate parties.
- Interact with the OC. Ask questions and view the current status of your disclosure.
- View your Invention Portfolio history. Access all of your historical disclosures through the Inventor Portal.
...Or, fill out the traditional form
We encourage all inventors to disclose their invention through the Inventor Portal, but if that is not possible we offer many different types of forms for you to choose.
Steps for filling out the Classic Form
- Select the most appropriate form your invention falls under.
- Completely fill out the form to the best of your knowledge.
- Print the document and sign it.
- Route the document to other inventors and/or department heads for signatures.
- Return to the Office of Commercialization.
- Invention Disclosure Form [PDF] -This is the standard form used for most inventions unless one of the below forms (numbered 2-4) is more appropriate.
- Software Disclosure Form [PDF]-This form should be utilized for software-based inventions that may be copyrighted or patented.
- Copyrightable Works Disclosure Form [PDF]-This form is intended for non-software copyrightable works including literary works, musical works, together with any accompanying words, dramatic works, together with any accompanying music, pantomimes and choreographic works, pictorial, graphic and sculptural works, motion pictures and other audiovisual works, sound recordings, architectural plans, drawings and actual buildings.
- Plant Material Invention Disclosure Form [PDF]-This form should be used to submit intellectual property that covers only novel plant lines [ made by traditional or non-traditional breeding methods including both sexually and asexually propagated plants]. For coverage of a trait, please submit under Invention Disclosure (1) separately.